Join us on Tuesday 18th August for the national We Own It! Day of Action for a community-based track and trace system – not the failed privatised SERCO national system which is letting us all down!
———- Forwarded message ———
From: Pascale Robinson <email@example.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 at 14:54
Subject: We Own It Day of Action on Tuesday 18th: we need you to help get safe track and trace
I hope you’re all well!
As I’m sure you’re hyper aware of, It’s a real crunch time for the campaign to win safe, local and publicly led track and trace and we’ve seen HUGE movement on this over the past couple of days. We’ve won a partial victory in that the government is having to admit it’s system isn’t working. However it looks like they’re likely to renew the contracts on August 23rd with private companies with a few adjustments.
I’m emailing to ask if you will take part in a Day of Action on Tuesday 18th to show you support safe, local track and trace for your community.
We want to say loud and clear: Not a penny more to Serco – Give Local Authorities the cash!
We need groups across the country to organise socially distanced photo opportunities at their local town halls or to take action at home, as discussed previously on our first call.
We really need your help to keep this issue up the political agenda. I’m working with Unite to get a few actions at Serco sites but actions at council buildings would be amazing. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions.
Thank you so much and hope you can be involved.
All the best,
07709 039 563 / 0161 234 2787
More details on how to organise your action for safe, public track and trace!
1. Organise a group to meet at your local authority building, (or Serco site if you’re nearby).
– Anytime before late afternoon is fine.
– Make sure one of you is bringing the camera!
2. Download and print this picture of a penny to take with you (you can find it on the website here). The more you can have in the picture the better. Alternatively you can make a cardboard cut out of a penny, or bring a penny!
– Remember to check out guidelines on how to stay safe and stay socially distanced. Gloves and masks are a must and We Own It can reimburse you for them!
3. Let us know you’re organising the action. We’ll help with the local press! Email Chris at Christopher@weownit.org.uk
-Let others know! Make a Facebook event too!
4. On the day, make sure to share your photos with us and share the action on social media tagging us on twitter, facebook and instagram.
– Remember to check out the guidelines on how to stay safe and stay socially distanced. Gloves and masks are a must and We Own It can reimburse you for them!
Can’t make an action in person?
1. Send your ‘Not a penny more’ message to Matt Hancock. You could take a photo, ideally with you in it, holding a penny, to share on social media for example.
Make sure to tag Matt Hancock and include the caption:
Not a penny more to Serco – Give local, public teams the cash!
Sign now: https://weownit.org.uk/save-lives-scrap-serco-now
We really need your help to make this a political priority. If you would like more information, do let me know! It would be amazing to have you on board.
All the best,
Campaigns officer / 07709 039 563