Sheffield TUC is organising the following actions: (please scroll down for details):
Sheffield Rally outside Town Hall, Pinstone Street 1230 til 1315hrs with speakers including Bill Adams Regional TUC Secretary and Marion Lloyd PCS TUC National Heart Unions Week Sheffield Rally Monday 12th February
Leafleting and protest outside Premier Inn, 19 Angel Street 5pm til 6pm Wednesday 14th February TUC National Heart Unions Week Premier Inn picket 14thebruary
Leafleting and megaphone action bottom of Fargate 12 noon til 2pm Saturday 17th February targeting MacDonalds on High Street etc TUC National Heart Unions Week MacDonald’s Recognise BFAWU Now! Saturday 17th Feb
(Flyers for each event attached – please distribute freely)
BRING YOUR BANNERS! MAKE SOME NOISE! JOIN US STANDING UP FOR TRADE UNIONS! FIGHT FOR TEN! WORKERS UNITED! IT’S TIME TO ORGANISE!
Workers need Trade Unions to:
· Negotiate better wages. If there’s no union, the Boss sets the rate!
· Win proper sick pay, holiday and shift arrangements. If there’s no union, the Boss decides for you!
· Protect you at work. If there’s no union, who’ll defend you against a bad Boss?
· Fight for a safer workplace. Without a union, there are more accidents at work
· Win respect. No to bullying! No to discrimination and unfair treatment! With a trade union, you CAN stand up to the Boss!
· The power to fight back. Without a union, you can’t take strike action when you need to
NOT IN A TRADE UNION? DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR! JOIN ONE TODAY!