TUC National Heart Unions Week – Sheffield Rally 12th February
TUC National Heart Unions Week is taking place from Monday 12th February to Sunday 18th February 2018
Sheffield Rally outside Sheffield Town Hall
Monday 12th February
1230hrs (till about 1315hrs) Pinstone Street, Sheffield
With speakers from the local trade union movement:
BILL ADAMS – TUC Regional Secretary
MARION LLOYD – PCS
LEE PARKINSON – GMB
KARL STEPHENSON – UNITE
Plus speakers from UNISON, BFAWU, UCU and others
Rally convenor: MARTIN MAYER Sheffield Trade Union Council
This rally is sponsored by PCS, the Civil Service Union
Supporting the TUC’s “I LOVE TRADE UNIONS” Week
Too often, trade unions get a bad press – and successive Governments have got away with attacking our rights for too long. It’s time Trade Unions stood up and told the truth about the brilliant work we do for workers in trade unions – every day!
|We’re showcasing the good that unions do in campaigning for fairness and justice at work. Workers need Trade Unions to:
· Negotiate better wages. If there’s no union, the Boss sets the rate!
· Win proper sick pay, holiday and shift arrangements. If there’s no union, the Boss decides for you!
· Protect you at work. If there’s no union, who’ll defend you against a bad Boss?
· Fight for a safer workplace. Without a union, there are more accidents at work
· Win respect. No to bullying! No to discrimination and unfair treatment! With a trade union, you CAN stand up to the Boss!
· The power to fight back. Without a union, you can’t take strike action when you need to
Two campaigns we’ll be highlighting in particular are:
Fair Pay For Public Servants
Public service unions have been winning the argument on a fair pay settlement, after eight years of real terms pay cuts. Now we need to keep up the pressure for real action and genuine new funding.
McDonald’s to recognise the Bakers Food and Allied Workers Union
During HeartUnions week we’re calling on McDonald’s to recognise the Bakers Food and Allied Workers Union so that all workers can enjoy a fair deal at work.
NOT IN A TRADE UNION? DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR! JOIN ONE TODAY!